Shabu Shabu - Japanese hotpot
- 2 liters of broth water made from kombu seaweed (can be replaced with fish, meat or vegetable broth if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons dashi powder
- 200 g thinly sliced pork (possibly from an Asian supermarket - they often have meat ready for Shabu Shabu)
- 250 g udon noodles
- 300 g of tofu
- 100 g enoki mushrooms divided into small bundles (may be replaced by other mushrooms)
- 6 shiitake mushrooms (can possibly be replaced by others (can possibly be replaced by other mushrooms
- ¼ Chinese cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 3 spring onions
- 4 tablespoons ponzu ( sour spice sauce - can be bought in a bottle
- 4 tablespoons goma dare (sesame sauce - can be bought in a bottle)
Course of action
- Fill a medium pot with water and dashi powder and bring to a boil over high heat
- While the water is boiling, prepare the vegetables for boiling. First cut the cabbage into squares of approx. 3 cm x 3 cm, then the tofu in 2 cm x 2 cm squares
- Slice the carrot and the spring onions approx. 6 cm long
- For the enoki mushrooms, remove the roots and separate them into small bundles for eating
- Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms
- Put everything on one plate and move it next to the Shabu Shabu pot ready for cooking
- Then place your pork on another plate next to the vegetables
- If you bought your udon frozen, you can put them in a bowl and pour boiling water over them
- Then drain and put them in a bowl next to the meat and vegetables.
Next, we prepare the dipping sauces!
- Use two small bowls for each person at the table. Fill one with ponzu and the other with sesame sauce
- Place them in front of each person with a set of chopsticks
We love when service helps to complete any dish and set the mood for the meal. At Seramikku, you can put together your own unique collection of Japanese ceramics, which you can use for serving your favorite dishes.
All ceramics are handpicked from Japan and come in limited quantities. Regardless of whether you prefer the ceramics to be the same - or are more into mixing different items - the selection consists of unique styles. We like the idea that you get something very special to put on your shelves at home.